Family members of non-eu persons can apply for residency in Hungary under family unification rules, if a family member can sponsor and holds a valid residence permit issued by Hungarian authorities for work, employment or business purpose. Spouse and minor children can be included in one application.
The Family permit allows family members
- You may be gainfully employed in Hungary.
- Visit Schengen countries (you may not work in these Schengen countries)
The validity of the family permit is attached to the validity of the main sponsors permit.
- Copy of residence permits.
- Bank account statement (sufficient funds for duration of stay)
- Sufficient income through sponsorship
- Sufficient accommodation by establishing a Hungarian residential address (rental agreement, statement from owner entitling to stay free of charge, proof the applicant himself/herself owns residential property in Hungary)
- Health insurance coverage for all members.
- Marriage certificate with apostille for spouse with translation in Hungarian.