Work Permit

Hungary offers work permit to non-eu persons which wish to work legally in Hungary employed by a local Hungarian company with a labour contract.  You will receive residence permit (work permit) will be issued based on employed purposes with validity based on your contract with the employer.

The residence permit allows you to freely travel in schengen countries for upto 90 days in 180 period. You cannot work in other schengen countries with this permit. Also you will need to apply for new work permit if you change your employer. The work permit issued as unified residence permit card is renewable.

EU citizens are not required to apply for work permit when taking up employment in Hungary.

Documents required

  • The labour contract or other employment agreement meeting certain criteria prepared by professionals.
  • Depending on various factors, the application can be submitted in the home country (Hungarian embassy or in certain cases consulate, depending on the current country of residence) or if in Hungary already, at the competent regional directorate of the immigration authority.
  • Address registration in Hungary (housing contract)
  • Health insurance coverage
  • Sufficient funds for living (bank account statements)
  • TAX number from NAV
  • Social security number

We assist clients with the work permit services such as

  • Legal assistance.
  • Assistance in compiling the necessary documentation.
  • Representing the client in the process with power of attorney. (If applicant is required to appear in person we will inform you and assist in this matter. If applicant is required to do so this would be only once)
  • Official translations of mandatory documentation.
  • Opening bank account
  • Visa process

The competent authority shall make a decision on the merits within 60 days from the date of submission of the application.