Hungary has an attractive ‘fast track’ investment program, where upon buying EUR 300,000 worth of Hungarian government bonds, foreign investors are granted a permanent residency to live in Hungary (Schengen).
Scheme closed on March 31, 2017. Please see business residency program as alternative.
- Lifetime EU permanent residence status (EC permanent residence card)
- Family and children also get PR status under family unification.
- No residence requirement. No requirement to live physically in Hungary.
- Fast track residence permit in Hungary within 2 weeks
- No language tests. No medical tests. No education requirement.
- Low cost of living in Central Europe.
- Visa free movement in Schengen. Live in any EU Schengen country for 90 in 180 day period.
- Live and work in Hungary
- Financing option possible for the entire investment.
- Risk free investment for 5 years in Euros
- Open to all country nationals.
There is no interest on the invested amount, but the permanent residency opens the gate to Europe before you.
The investment sum is fully returned at the end of the 5-year lockout investment period without interest, while you still keep the permit, so this venture in fact costs you only the EUR 60,000 government processing fee (which you have to pay above the 300k).
The permanent permit will enable you to apply for a Hungarian (EU) passport after 8 years.
The investment bond value is fully given back after 5 yrs, while the investor can still get to keep the PR indefinitely.
Investment Amount: € 300,000
Government Processing Fee: € 60,000 (depending on number of applicants and related due diligence fees)
Total cost: EUR 360,000 (This includes permanent resident permit for the main applicant, spouse, and children under 17.)
Financing possible! Processing time takes about 1-2 months.
Work or employment in Hungary is allowed under this program without a separate work permit. The Hungarian PR allows permanent residents to travel freely within the 27 other Schengen countries and stay without a visa in these countries for up to 90 days every six months.
Hungarian passport after 8 years of PR.
Please contact us for more information.