Working Holiday Permit

A working holiday residence permit may be issued to a citizens of these following countries

  • New Zealand,
  • Korea,
  • Thailand,
  • Australia and
  • Japan

are eligible under working holiday scheme in Hungary. The validity of residence permit is valid for one year and is not renewable.

In order to get a Hungarian working holiday visa, citizens of these countries will need to have a one-year accommodation lease and health insurance.

As regards a temporary residence permit the applicant’s main goal is to spend his/her holiday in Hungary, at the same time, the third-country nationals may possibly undertake employment or pursue studies, provided that this is permitted under international agreement. The purpose of stay must be substantiated accordingly.

With the residence permit issued by Hungary, you can move around schengen countries with for maximum 90 days.